Choosing well where to stay in Bali is important because the different areas of the island show a great diversity between them, the center has nothing to do with the coastal areas, and these between them, so for example Kuta and Legian in the south are the opposite of Lovina and Singaraja in the north.
The best areas to stay in Bali
The areas located in the south of the island are the favorites for to stay in Bali for the vast majority of tourists, it is the most developed area for tourism and where you can find the best beaches Ubud , in the interior of the island, is also a very popular option for its natural and cultural attractions.
1.Kuta and Legian
Kuta, located on the southeast coast of Bali 10 minutes from the airport and within walking distance of other beaches in the south such as Jimbaran or Nusa Dua, is the most famous beach in Bali It was one of the first beaches where surfing became popular on the island and where tourism developed.
Kuta and Legian are next to each other and hardly differ from each other, it is the most developed area and the one that receives the most tourists.
In addition to one of the most popular destinations for surfing is where there is more nightlife Bali attracts a very young backpacker looking to have fun and get out and about.
In this area there is a lot of cheap accommodation and a wide range of accommodation at medium prices.there are also luxury resorts but in smaller proportions than in other areas of the island as Nusa Dua or Seminyak.
– Hotels in Kuta and Legian
Seminyak within walking distance of Kuta has a completely different profile to Kuta and Legian.It is a very elegant and exclusive area where good hotels and luxury resorts are predominant and there are also a number of private villas that can be easily rented
Seminyak’s beaches are very pleasant, clean and much less crowded than Kuta and Legian’s. This area has the best restaurants on the island, the most popular beach clubs, and an abundance of boutique shops.
Seminyak also has a good nightlife, much more elegant than Kuta and Legian.
– Hotels in Seminyak
Ubud is one of the main tourist destinations in Bali.”, “In addition Ubud is the cultural and artistic center of the island.
In him you will find temples, museums, stores and workshops of crafts, galleries of art, and traditional villages in his surroundings that will allow you to know the authentic Bali.
Ubud is a destination that attracts many people looking to make a spiritual retreat, practice yoga, or just relax a few days enjoying their beautiful landscapes .
It is one of the essential visits and an excellent option for sleep in Bali if you’re looking for an alternative to the Balinese beaches.many people combine stays in the beach areas with one or two nights in Ubud.
At the hotel level it offers all kinds of prices from the cheapest accommodation, we must remember that it is a very popular destination for backpackers and long term travellers, to the most luxurious resorts located on the outskirts in the middle of nature.
– Hotels in Ubud
Jimbaran is one of the best beaches in Bali .It is also a small fishing village which makes it one of the best places on the island to eat fresh fish and seafood.it is a quiet place with no nightlife and little to do other than enjoy the beach and eat well.
There are both luxury resorts and affordable accommodation options.at this link you can find good hotels in the area of Jimbaran:
– Hotels in Jimbaran
Nusa Dua, in the southern part of Bali, is where the largest and most luxurious resorts in Bali are concentrated Accommodation is reduced to practically only this type of hotel offer and its beaches are among the best on the island and are very well maintained
It is an area appreciated by families, honeymooners, and people looking to enjoy the comforts of a good resort.
If your idea of vacation in Bali is not to leave the hotel and enjoy lying on a hammock in a luxury resort, Nusa Dua is the best area where stay in Bali Outside their resorts there is hardly anything to do. To have some nightlife you will have to move to Kuta or Seminyak.
– Hotels in Nusa Dua
Sanur was one of the first places to be developed for tourism, however it has not suffered from the overcrowding of other areas such as Kuta and Legian, it is still a quiet and classy place very appreciated by both local and foreign tourists
The main profiles that stay here are families, couples, elderly people, and repeaters of Bali who are looking for tranquility.
Located on the southeast coast is a good area to stay in Bali It is ideal for enjoying a quiet vacation on white sand beaches, and for water sports.
Unlike Kuta the sense of Balinese tradition is still implanted in this area so it is possible to combine beach holidays with knowing the real Bali.”, ‘
There are all kinds of accommodation, but it is still possible to find good hotels on the seafront at affordable prices, and their value for money for medium and high price ranges are better than in other beach areas of the island.Uluwatu
The area of Uluwatu, between Jimbaran and Nusa Dua, is where the best beaches are for surfing Accommodation is mainly for surfers Uluwatu is the preferred place for to stay in Bali among the surfers
Cheap guesthouses predominate For those looking for something more comfortable in the area the best option is to rent a villa.For those looking for something more comfortable in the area, the best option is to rent a villa. to have some life you have to go to other parts of the island because apart from surfing there is little else to do.
– Hotels in Uluwatu
8.The north coast
The north coast is practically virgin and very wild In most of this area you will only find a few small cheap resorts or isolated guesthouses.The points with some kind of tourist infrastructure are: on the northeast coast Tulamben and Amed, and in the north Lovina and Singaraja.
Tulamben and Amed is an area that although it is developing little by little is still really quiet.it is very popular for diving and snorkeling.if you are looking for nature, total relaxation, and very clear waters to dive this area is a good option to stay in Bali.
– Hotels in Tulamben and Amed
Few are the foreign tourists who choose Lovina and Singaraja for to stay in Bali .It is a remote area very far from the main tourist areas of the island.
The vast majority of hotels are small and simple, however there are more and more resorts of some quality that are opening.For more luxurious options and at a good price in this area a good option are the villas.
– Hotels in Lovina and Singaraja
Accommodation in Bali
Bali is an island that receives a great variety of tourists.On the island you will find from the most simple and basic rooms or bungalows to the typical super luxury resorts that you can find in areas like the Caribbean or the Riviera Maya.
Generally Bali is a destination with a good value for money .It is possible to find accommodation really cheap in small resorts with swimming pool and near the beach. One of the most popular types of accommodation in Bali are its villas, many of them built in the traditional Balinese style.
In the following link you will find a good selection of accommodation in Bali :
– Accommodation in Bali
The most popular island in the Indonesian archipelago, Bali, the famous “Island of the Gods”, is an intriguing blend of breathtaking scenery, culture, history and religion.
Home to two extremely active volcanoes, namely Batur and Agung, Bali offers an amazing amount of cafes, restaurants, beach clubs, shopping and exotic palaces.While some sections of the island are filled with young backpackers and a non-stop party scene, there are also quiet beaches and jungle resorts that provide a relaxing escape from Bali’s captivating scenic beauty.
The list below details what you can expect from each neighborhood and the best accommodation options in the area, so you can choose from the best without wasting too much time deciding where to stay in Bali.
Kuta, the beating heart of Bali, is full of local and international travelers at any time of day.Originally a surfing paradise, Kuta’s long stretch of coastline is frequented by hundreds of visitors looking for sun, sand and sea. dotted with shopping malls, cafes, restaurants and nightclubs, this is essentially the busiest part of Bali. if the long stretch of Kuta’s golden beach is not enough, head to Waterbom Bali, the island’s largest and best water park.
Good for: All kinds of travelers, especially the young ones. Other highlights: Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, Dream Museum Zone Bali, Museum Pasifika and New Kuta Green Park
Recommended Hotels in Kuta:
- Amnaya Resort Kuta: Located in the heart of the bustling Kuta neighborhood, Amnaya Resort Kuta features luxurious rooms with top-quality facilities, such as an outdoor swimming pool, an a la carte restaurant, a fully equipped gymnasium, a well-kept garden gym and a world-class spa.The resort is just steps away from famous places such as Waterbom Bali and the Discovery Shopping Center, perfect for all types of travelers.
- Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport: With direct access to the domestic and international arrivals lounges at Ngurah Rai Airport, this well-appointed property offers comfortable rooms with brilliant features.
- Grand Inna Kuta: Just steps away from Kuta’s iconic beach, Grand Inna Kuta offers spacious air-conditioned rooms and modern facilities within a few minutes walk from Kuta’s bustling shopping streets.’, ‘
Possibly one of the most elegant and exclusive neighborhoods in Bali, Seminyak is a glamorous beach area with extraordinary villas, eclectic restaurants and high-end fashion stores.Petitenget Beach offers a more secluded atmosphere, while Potato Head Beach Club, perhaps the area’s most iconic location, is where the young and the old spend an exciting night, and while you’re here, you can’t miss a stroll down Bali’s famous “Eat Street”.
- Other highlights: Nyaman Gallery, Pura Petitenget, Pura Masceti and Double Six Beach.
Recommended Hotels in Seminyak
- Dash Hotel Seminyak: Just a few steps from Seminyak beach and the popular beach club Potato Head, the Dash Hotel Seminyak has well-equipped rooms, decorated with bright, contemporary designs and equipped with a wealth of features.Guests can start the day with a complimentary breakfast and then call the concierge to arrange day trips in the surrounding area. Evenings can be saved for relaxing by the outdoor pool or the full-service spa and wellness center. Perfect for all types of travelers.
- Amadea Resort & Villas Seminyak Bali: 10 minutes walk from the beach and just steps from the famous “Eat Street”, this luxurious resort has opulent rooms, suites and villas equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. Guests can relax at the rooftop spa and wellness center strategically located within a tropical garden or take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool.
- Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort: A luxurious retreat located a pleasant walking distance from the popular Seminyak beach, the Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort features elegant one bedroom rooms and suites with on-site facilities such as a fully operational fitness center, a rejuvenating spa and a refreshing outdoor pool.The hotel’s restaurant and pool bar cater to all your food and dining needs. Suitable for single travelers, couples and small families.
Considered the cultural hub of Bali, Ubud is located away from Bali’s beaches and within the island’s mountains and rice fields.Known for its artistic scene and rural atmosphere, Ubud is the backdrop for many authentic Balinese temples and bewildering palaces, including the most prominent Puri Saren Royal Palace and the Saraswati Pure Taman Temple.however, nothing compares to the neighborhood’s population of gray long-tailed macaques that reside comfortably within the Ubud Monkey Forest.Ubud Art Market, located across from the Royal Palace, is a great place to shop for handicrafts.
- Other highlights: Goa Gajah, Puri Lukisan Museum, Agung Rai Art Museum, Ubud Palace and Rudana Museum.
Recommended Hotels in Ubud
- Ubud Wana Resort: With three outdoor pools, a varied cuisine restaurant, 24 hour reception service and a well established spa and wellness centre, Ubud Wana Resort offers modern and cozy rooms within 5 minutes walk from the main Ubud Monkey Forest.’, “Guests can use the free shuttle service to downtown Ubud.ideal for all types of travelers.
- Alaya Resort Ubud: Located amidst the surreal rice fields and majestic landscapes of Ubud, the Alaya Resort Ubud offers elegant Balinese style rooms and suites equipped with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, terrace, tea/coffee maker and free bottled beer in a selection of rooms.All rooms overlook the garden or open-air pool of the resort and are suitable for all types of travellers.
- Pajar House Ubud & Villas: Located in the centre of a traditional Balinese village, the luxurious property features modern decorated Balinese style rooms and villas overlooking well-tended gardens.Wi-Fi and bicycle use are available to all guests. attentive staff can arrange for day trips, airport transfers and massage services. perfect for all types of travelers.
Famous for its surf spots, expatriate crowds and a decent amount of coworking space, Canggu is transforming from a quaint coastal town into an emerging tourist area.The beaches of Berawa and Batu Bolong are especially famous among the professional surfers who gather here every day to catch the biggest and baddest waves the waters have to offer.if you’re going to spend some time in the neighborhood and want to set up a quick net, hang out at one of the many popular beach clubs in the area, including Old Man’s and Finn’s Beach Club.
- Good to: All types of travelers, especially surfers and digital nomads.
- Other highlights: Splash Waterpark Bali, Pura Batu Bolong and Taman Segara Madu Water Park.
Recommended hotels in Canggu
- Theanna Eco Villa and Spa: A short walk from the beach, the impressive property features well-appointed villas with designs and furniture inspired by a combination of Balinese, Scandinavian and Japanese styles. Guests can pamper themselves at the hotel spa and wellness center or spend their nights relaxing at the restaurant and bar.
- Regali Villa Canggu: Just steps away from Echo Beach in Canggu, Regali Villa Canggu welcomes guests to relax in a tropical retreat that features an outdoor pool, spa and wellness center, and a fully equipped restaurant on site.Ideal for all types of travelers, including large groups of up to 6 members.
- Aston Canggu Beach Resort: Just steps away from some of Bali’s most famous beaches, such as Echo Beach and Batu Bolong Beach, the Aston Canggu Beach Resort offers elegant rooms with state-of-the-art facilities and world-class hospitality.”, “While you are here, enjoy a dip in the pool, relax on the terrace and enjoy a cocktail at the hotel bar, while enjoying the spectacular views of the vast ocean. Suitable for single travelers, couples and small families.
A fishing village and tourist area south of Kuta, Jimbaran is appropriately the best seafood spot in all of Bali.A quieter and more exclusive alternative to the beaches of Kuta and Legian, Jimbaran offers unparalleled views of the ocean from Jimbaran Bay along with countless seafood restaurants.Padang Padang Beach is one of the most prominent surfing spots in the area and is known for its consistent set of barrels and wave riders when the weather is good.
- Good for: All types of travelers, especially seafood lovers.
- Other highlights: Pandawa Beach, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, Kedonganan Fish Market and Bingin Beach.
Featured Hotels in Jimbaran
- AYANA Resort and Spa, BALI: This remarkable property, located 5 minutes walk from the beach, features elegant rooms and suites with views of the ocean or surrounding vegetation.Set in the midst of a cliff-top tropical garden, AYANA Resort and Spa, BALI offers guests 12 swimming pools, thalassotherapy massage treatments, an 18-hole golf course, a tennis court, a fully operational gym and 19 dining facilities.Perfect for all types of luxury resorts,
- Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort: Just steps from the magnificent Jimbaran Bay, this luxury beach resort features elegant traditional Balinese rooms and one bedroom villas with private balconies or terraces.Ideal for singles and couples
- La Joya II Biu-Biu: a pleasant retreat from the nearby beach, this carefully designed beach retreat features traditional Indonesian-style interiors with an outdoor pool overlooking the stunning ocean and surrounding vegetation.The hotel restaurant serves local and international specialties and is suitable for all types of travelers.
Nusa Dua, an all-inclusive resort town, is home to a remarkable number of world-class luxury resorts and 5-star hotel properties.No matter which hotel or resort you choose, the well-planned neighborhood structure ensures that you’re never too far from the shopping malls, luxurious green spaces, and 18-hole golf course that Nusa Dua boasts. Although it is among the most developed tourist cities, Nusa Dua still retains a cultural charm that can be witnessed in one of the many temples and museums in the area.
- Other highlights: Pura Gegar, Pasifika Museum, Bali Collection, and Mandala Puja.”, “
Recommended Hotels in Nusa Dua
- INAYA Putri Bali: located on the beach of Nusa Dua, 15 minutes walk from the Bali Collection, this extraordinary complex has rooms, suites and villas well equipped with top quality amenities such as flat screen TV with satellite channels, living area, minibar and private bathroom with free toiletries and bathtub.Additional resort facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, an on-site restaurant and a tourist information desk that can help guests organize day trips around the city. Ideal for all types of travelers.
- Ayodya Resort Bali: Located next to the bright white sands of Nusa Dua beach, Ayodya Resort Bali offers well-furnished rooms with stunning views of the surrounding area.Guests can enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or relax in the garden while the accompanying children can have fun in the playground. Exercise lovers can sweat in the fully functional gym on site and then receive a massage in the spa.
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua Bali: With lush vegetation and wonderful views of Nusa Dua beach, this leading resort offers spacious rooms with 5-star hospitality and services. Guests can spend the day at any of the 5 outdoor pools or receive a wellness treatment at the hotel’s full-service spa.
The second most popular beach in Bali, first Kuta, Legian’s main attraction is its white sand beach and extravagant nightlife.Although the neighborhood may feel like Kuta on your first visit, wait until you enjoy a leisurely stroll along the comforting sands of Double Six Beach or a night out amidst the art shops along Jalan Legian, that’s when you can appreciate what the area really has to offer.Another great place to surf, Legian is home to the famous Rip Curl Surf School, known for its fantastic surfing lessons for beginners.
- Other highlights: Waterbom Bali, Dream Museum Zone (DMZ) Bali, Armada Flow House and 5GX Bali Reverse Bungy.
Recommended hotels in Legian
- Padma Resort Legian: with 2 impressive swimming pools with sunken bars, multiple gastronomic options, a relaxing spa and a boarding lounge, the Padma Resort Legian offers luxury accommodation within a few minutes walk from the nearest beach.
- Camakila Legian Bali: an elegant walk away from the soft golden sands of Legian beach, this elegant Bali resort features an infinity pool and a lagoon pool. conveniently located between the bustling districts of Kuta and Seminyak, the property also offers multiple food and wine options, a fully operational gym and tourist assistance. Perfect for solo travelers, couples and small families.
- Pullman Bali Legian Beach: with an infinity pool on the rooftop with breathtaking views of the surrounding ocean, this elegant hotel offers well-equipped units with luxurious amenities such as flat screen TV, wardrobe, minibar and private bathroom with free toiletries and bathtub.The first class facilities such as the day spa, gymnasium and 2 landscaped lagoon pools make staying here a once in a lifetime experience.ideal for all types of luxury travelers.
Sanur, Bali’s oldest beach resort, has a beautiful coastal setting and is popular for its relaxed lifestyle.Expensive than Kuta but cheaper than Seminyak, Sanur is home to many of Bali’s first luxury beachside hotels and resorts. An old fishing village located in the eastern region of Bali, the neighborhood offers a unique combination of contemporary cafes, restaurants and entertainment venues with a wealth of classic art and culture.Extremely popular with family travelers and visitors from Europe, Sanur is also the epicenter of the important Kite Festival held in Bali in July each year.
- Good for: All types of travelers, especially families and older travelers.
- Other highlights: Museum Le Mayeur, Bali Beach Golf Course, Bali Safari and Marine Park and Bali Orchid Garden.
Recommended hotels in Sanur
- Puri Santrian: A few minutes walk from the beach, Puri Santrian offers spacious and well decorated rooms with facilities such as flat screen TV, mini-bar and lovely views of the surrounding tropical garden.
- Prama Sanur Beach Bali: This fascinating hotel, located on the golden sand of Sanur beach, offers a unique beach retreat equipped with 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and wellness center, a fitness center and a large tropical garden area, suitable for all types of travelers.
- Besakih Beach Hotel: with a private beach, the Besakih Beach Hotel offers well equipped rooms with modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini bar, dressing room, wardrobe / closet and private bathroom with free toiletries.every day a free breakfast is served.perfect for all kinds of travelers.