Chora Mykonos, called Chora by the locals, is a typical Cycladic village built in an amphitheatrical way, with whitewashed cubic houses with wooden doors, windows and balconies, narrow streets that form a labyrinth, beautiful churches, beautiful chapels and purple bougainvilleas that contrast with the bright white walls of the buildings.
The heart of the city is closed to traffic for most of the day, which makes walking through the labyrinthine streets particularly enjoyable, especially during the early morning hours when the city is quieter, as most people are on the beaches or still sleeping after a long night of clubbing.
Hotels in Mykonos Capital – Tips and recommendations
- The city of Mykonos has most of the restaurants, shops and nightlife of the island and is an amazing and fun place to stay.
- Hotels located in the central pedestrian zone of the city of Mykonos: Hotel Belvedere – Hotel Semeli Mykonos – Theoxenia Luxury Boutique Hotel – Hotel Matina
- Hotels located outside the pedestrian zone require walking on a busy street or crossing a busy street to access the city: Cavo Tagoo – Kouros Hotel & Suites – Harmony Boutique Hotel – Bill & Coo
- All the most popular beaches in Mykonos are a short bus ride (10 to 20 minutes) from the Mykonos city bus station.
- Mykonos city is one of the most popular destinations in Europe. 4 to 6 months advance booking for hotels
- The best cheap hotel in Mykonos city: Hotel Matina.
The 3 best hotels in Mykonos city
1.Belvedere Mykonos – Hotel Rooms & Suites ⭐⭐⭐
Wonderful luxury hotel just a few steps from shops, restaurants and nightlife.nice swimming pool and views of the city and water.the hotel also rents several private villas located outside the city of Mykonos.(Hotel phone: +30 2289 025122)
2.Semeli Hotel ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fashionable boutique hotel right next to the Belvedere. 2 and 3 bedroom suites are some of the best in Mykonos city.(Hotel phone: +30 2289 027466)
3.Cavo Tagoo Mykonos ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Luxury hotel with modern ambience and resort feeling.Most of the suites have a private pool or Jacuzzi. Great restaurant and bar by the pool. A short walk outside the city of Mykonos (free bus service if you don’t want to walk).