London is one of the most vibrant, historic and fascinating cities in the world to explore, however, it can be an expensive task to find family accommodation in London, the rooms are usually much smaller than average and the comfort of the city centre will cost you
With a little insider information, there are still ways to find affordable family accommodation in London.
- Where to stay in London: The best areas
- Best hotels in London
- Cheap hotels in London
Family hotels in London – Tips and recommendations
- Any time is a good time to visit London.There are so many amazing museums and indoor exhibitions that even in January and February (when the crowds are very small) can be a wonderful time to see the sights. But if you want good weather, May to September is the best time. When is the best time to visit London?
- Book your hotel in advance. London has very few family rooms and they fill up months in advance.
- My favorite family-friendly neighborhoods in London are South Kensington (near Hyde Park and children’s-friendly museums), Marylebone (friendly neighborhood atmosphere in the heart of the city) and Bloomsbury (tree-lined streets and the British Museum), but as long as it’s near an underground station, there are few bad or inconvenient areas in central London.
- The best luxury hotel for families in London: Taj 51 Buckingham Gate
- The best hotel for babies and young children in London: The Athenaeum
- The best cheap hotels for families in London: Royal London Hotel – Central Hotel London
- The best restaurants for families are Golden Hind (excellent fish and chips), Wagamama (noodles and more in a fun atmosphere), Giraffe (food and child friendly atmosphere), Bella Italia (pizza + pasta + gelato = happy children), Rain Forest Cafe (children’s restaurant near Piccadilly Circus), Masala Zone (Indian food for families), Spaghetti House (children’s menu has 2 courses for £ 5 or 3 courses for £ 750), Byron (hamburger restaurant with good kids) menu).
The 8 Best Hotels for Children in London
1.The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences ⭐⭐⭐
Wonderful hotel that does its best to accommodate families. 1 bedroom apartments have their own entrance directly from the street, a full kitchen, bunk beds in some rooms and cribs available.There is a family concierge whose sole job is to help parents navigate the city and plan their visit.
2.Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The luxurious 2 and 3 bedroom suites (with cover service) have full kitchens, satellite TV and DVD players.The Michelin-starred Indian restaurant attached to the hotel serves an incredible vegetarian meal. Near Buckingham Palace and several underground stations.
3.Rocco Forte Brown’s Hotel ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Spoil the children with many delicacies at Brown’s Hotel in Mayfair.Meanwhile, older children can feel really grown up with comment cards, special spa treatments and lots of games.parents can also relax with a 24-hour childcare service, the key to a stress-free London vacation for families.
4.Melia White House Hotel ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Let the kids feel like adults with their own check-in area at the Melia White House, which is near Regent’s Park and the ZSL London Zoo.Stay in a family room, which seats two adults and two children under 11 at no extra charge.
5.The Nadler Kensington ⭐⭐⭐
Relax in one of The Nadler Kensington’s spacious family rooms in London, which can accommodate up to four people.Perfect for a reasonably priced family vacation, the Nadler has no extra charge for cribs, and there’s also a mini kitchen so you can prepare your own light meals and snacks.
6.The Darlington Hyde Park ⭐⭐⭐
Family rooms, triples and quadruples available (get a quadruple if you don’t want to be in the basement)Close to Paddington Station and Hyde Park. Full English breakfast included.
7.Premier Inn London County Hall ⭐⭐
Large family rooms and breakfast available for a good price. Also close to several restaurants and cafes.1 minute walk from the London Eye, 2 minutes from the London Aquarium, 5 minutes from Waterloo Station, 7 minutes from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
8.Comfort Inn Victoria ⭐ ⭐
Budget hotel with triple and quadruple rooms.Excellent location near Victoria Station and many tourist attractions.
Family apartments in London
Recommended family apartments and flats in London Most units have kitchens, washer/dryers and internet (free wifi) Free parking is rare.
- Park Lane City Apartments2 bedroom apartments sleep 4 people, the penthouse has a nice courtyard
- Basil Street Apartments2 bedroom apartments sleep 4 people, 3 bedroom apartments sleep 5 or 6 people
- Arlington House Apartments1 and 2 bedroom apartments sleep 6 people
- 130 Queen’s Gate Apartments2-bedroom apartments.
- London Serviced Apartments2-bedroom apartments that sleep 4 or more.
- Second Nest Hampton Street4-bedroom house with small backyard, kitchen, washing machine, sleeps 12.