Family Hotels in Cancun – Tips and recommendations
- Isla Cancun (also known as the Hotel Zone) has a 7 shape:Most of the resorts are located at the back of the 7 and the beaches are facing east. The top of the 7 is facing north and is semi-protected from direct ocean waves and has the most child-friendly swimming.(The Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach is located along this stretch of protected beach.) Ciudad Cancun (or downtown Cancun) is located inland and is where you’ll find the cheapest hotels and best local food.
- The best luxury hotels in Cancun for families: Grand Fiesta Americana – Hard Rock Hotel Cancun – The Grand at Moon Palace.The Grand Fiesta is the best option for young children, Hard Rock is the best for pre-teens and teenagers, and the Grand at Moon Palace is the best for mixed ages.
- The best budget hotels in Cancun for families: Krystal Cancun – Royal Islander
- The best local / Mexican restaurant near the beach is El Fish Fritanga.it faces the lagoon, not the ocean.it is popular with locals and has good seafood.The Taco Factory has the best shepherd’s tacos in the hotel zone.
- The best tour for kids in Cancun is the Cenote Day Tour, which takes you to 4 amazing cenotes (see picture of my kids below), where you can swim, snorkel and zip line.(Kids must be 6 years old or older.)Swimming in a cenote (a sinkhole full of cool, fresh water) is the highlight of any trip to the Yucatan and this is an easy way to see 4 really unique ones.The tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, snorkeling gear and life jackets.
- Looking for something less touristy?: Try Isla Mujeres (which has one of the nicest beaches for kids in the Caribbean) or Tulum (90 minutes south of Cancun, great beaches, quiet boutique hotels).
- Best time to visit: Cancun is a good destination all year round, but the best time for a family vacation is between December and April.
Top 15 Family Hotels in Cancun
1.Nizuc Resort & Spa ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Elegant resort with five pools, sumptuous meals and a Mayan-inspired spa. The spacious rooms, suites and villas include private balconies, some with private baths or pools.Restaurants feature a wide range of cuisines from Mexican to Pan-Asian cuisine, located on a quiet beach with calm waters, white sand and a reef with colorful fish, perfect for first-time divers.
2. The Grand at Moon Palace ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Huge all-inclusive resort with a water park, two pools and a slow river.Suites include private Jacuzzis and balconies; Grand Family suites are double sized with three beds, a children’s minibar and an Xbox; the extensive children’s club houses a splash pad, black light mini-golf and bumper cars; hiking, swimming with dolphins and more are covered by the resort’s credit program; the beach here, however, is not suitable for swimming; instead, guests have access to the beach at its sister property, Beach Palace.
3.The Ritz-Carlton Cancun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Oceanfront resort with two swimming pools, stellar dining and a tranquil spa.the children’s and teenage immersion clubs offer a variety of activities throughout the day with evening safaris on weekends and a video game area for teens.all rooms and suites have balconies and bathtubs; some add private pools or hot tubs.Located on a white sand beach suitable for swimming with crystal clear water and moderate waves.
4.Hyatt Ziva Cancun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Contemporary all-inclusive resort with dolphins and three infinity pools.some rooms and suites have bathtubs, pool access or club-level benefits.Family amenities include a children’s club with a mini-water park, restaurants and bars offering international flavors and 24-hour room service, located in a sheltered cove with soft sand and gentle waves.
5.Grand Residences Riviera Cancún ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
The spacious suites in Puerto Morelos have up to four rooms and can accommodate up to 13 people, all with kitchenettes and hot tubs. Some add washers and dryers, outdoor jacuzzis, or private pools.The beach is beautiful and suitable for swimming, although a bit rocky with occasional heavy swells.
6.Marriott Cancun Resort ⭐⭐⭐
Contemporary resort with an infinity pool and a Jacuzzi.the one bedroom rooms and suites have a private balcony.the Presidential Suite adds a second balcony and an outdoor Jacuzzi.The active club for four to twelve year olds has a pool and is shared with neighboring JW Marriott.located on a wide, white stretch of beach for moderate wave swimming.
7.Hard Rock Hotel Cancun ⭐⭐⭐⭐
All inclusive, rock themed complex with cascading infinity pools, three hot tubs and a sandy beach for swimming.Unique benefits include complimentary guitars, mixing stations, record players and the use of a recording studio. Anyone over the age of twelve can access the Music Lab, with professional instruments, DJ and vocal lessons, culminating in a live performance at the end of your stay.All rooms have a private balcony and a two-person whirlpool bath, and the two-bedroom family suites include a children’s minibar and an Xbox.
8.Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Luxury resort with a huge pool, spacious spa and award-winning restaurants.The suites range from junior to two bedrooms, all with balconies and ocean views, some with whirlpool baths. The presidential suite adds a deep rooftop pool and full kitchen. The children’s club for children ages three to twelve has a water park, theater, game room and night camp.The Grand Fiesta is located in a protected cove with the best white sand and calm turquoise water.
9.JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Beachfront Resort with three connected pools, great food and a diving pool with diving lessons.Guests have access to the children’s club on her sister’s property, which is next door. The beach here is wide, with lots of shady deck chairs and moderate waves.
10.Moon Palace ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gigante, all-inclusive resort south of Cancun and near the airport with six connected pools, water slides, a Flowrider (surfing simulator) and mini golf.All rooms have double whirlpool baths and private balconies.the deluxe family suites are double sized with minibar and children’s amenities.the resort has two clubs for children ages four to eleven, with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a mini water park.the teen room has a game room, air hockey and pool.The beach is suitable for swimming, although a bit rocky and not very pretty; however, guests have all-inclusive privileges at its sister properties with better beaches. Guests can also get a day pass to the huge water park at the nearby The Grand.
11.Crown Paradise Club ⭐⭐⭐⭐
All-inclusive resort with five pools on a beautiful white sand beach, bright blue water and moderate waves.All rooms have balconies, while the spacious family suites have triple bunk beds.club-level upgrades include jacuzzis (indoor or outdoor) and a lagoon cruise.family amenities include a baby club with a playroom for children ages eighteen months to three years and a children’s club for children ages three to twelve, with a pirate ship and a castle pool with nine slides.Older children and families have access to a small water park, billiards, video games and mini-golf.
12.The Royal Cancun ⭐⭐⭐
Complex of suites with two swimming pools and a children’s club on one of Cancun’s best beaches, with white sand and calm waves.The suites are all two-bedroom units that can accommodate up to six people, with full kitchens and private balconies. Guests can choose between an all-inclusive package (with an additional benefit of 24-hour room service) or a single-room package, as you prefer.