The Los Cabos Tourism Corridor is a 30 kilometer stretch of beautiful beaches and luxury hotels, resorts, golf courses and developments.This southern tip of Baja California Sur is now Mexico’s premier vacation spot, making it a leader in the global resort scene and a popular port of call for cruise ships.In addition, the new marina in San Jose del Cabo complements the marina in Cabo San Lucas.
As a result, over the past few years, there has been a substantial increase in the construction of luxury hotels and resorts, so this region offers something for everyone.
Our Guide is the premier destination for everything related to Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo and the East Cape, with constantly updated information on the entire region.
Above all, your options range from adventure to tranquility, great food, diverse water sports activities and championship golf, plus attractions include luxury accommodations, world-class sport fishing and unparalleled nightlife.
- Cabo San Lucas, Downtown
- Cabo San Lucas, Sunset Beach
- San Jose, Downtown and Hotel Zone
- San Jose, Puerto Los Cabos
- The Corridor
- See Also: Best Hotels in Los Cabos
Stay in Cabo San Lucas, Downtown
Cabo San Lucas, usually shortened to Cabo, was a small fishing village only forty years ago.But this quiet town has experienced a tourism boom since the late 1970s, quickly becoming one of the world’s top beach destinations.The center of Cabo is best known for its lively bars and nightclubs, golden sandy beaches and relaxed attitude. The town is presented in a C-shape, following the contours of the coast, starting with Medano Beach to the northeast, the marina in the center and wrapping around the end of the Earth and the famous El Arco rock formation at the southeast end.All of the beaches in this area face the Sea of Cortez and can be swum, including Medano (the most popular), Playa Empacadora (mostly local) and Lover’s Beach (accessible by water taxi). The beaches on the south side face the Pacific, such as Sunset Beach; these are closed to swimming due to the killer current.
Just inside the beaches, downtown Cabo is home to casual and elegant restaurants, and wild nightclubs and bars.The marina area includes the Puerto Paraiso shopping center, water taxis to Lovers Beach and Divorce Beach, fishing tours and boats, plus more bars and restaurants, some of which will cook up any fish that travelers catch.a small main plaza with a historic church, a local natural history museum and souvenir shops is located southwest of the marina.everything is nearby; in fact, you can walk along Madero Beach, surrounding the marina, and reach Land’s End in about thirty minutes.
Best Hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Downtown
- Villa La Estancia
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House
- Sandos Finisterra
Best Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas Downtown
- Los Tres Gallos Restaurant – $$ – $$$ – Authentic Baja recipes with local ingredients in a romantic setting.
- Las Cazuelas del Don – $ – Incredible traditional mud dishes with a rotating menu based on the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Corner Bar – $$ – $$$ – Trendy place for Mediterranean and Mexican flavors.good cocktails.
- Scabo Old School Restaurant – $$ – $$$ – Informal, cheap and absolutely delicious! pesos, or about $5 USD, buy five quesadillas and a beer.
- Koi Sushi – $$ – $$$ – Relaxed restaurant for fresh sushi, the best in Los Cabos.
Stay in Cabo San Lucas, Sunset Beach
The Sunset Beach area is located at the southern tip of Cabo, overlooking the Pacific.This is the last area to be developed in Cabo, so the beach itself is quite secluded and unspoiled. Although there is no swimming, Sunset Beach is the perfect place to relax in the sun or connect to the links; away from the noisy downtown party, but still accessible to its restaurants, marina and amenities.This area is home to some luxury resorts, upscale residences and the Jack Nicklaus-designed Quivira Golf Club.
Best Hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Sunset Beach
- Montecristo Estates Luxury Villas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach
Best Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas, Sunset Beach
- El Pretil Restaurant – $ – Cheap and cheerful breakfast and brunch.
- La Rana Vegana – $ – Stellar vegan dining place tucked away in a residential neighborhood.
- Barrio del Tango – $$ – Top notch Argentinean meats and poultry in an outdoor setting.
Stay in San Jose, Downtown and Hotel Zone
San Jose is a relaxed city with a boho atmosphere.San Jose is greener than Cabo and the surrounding area because of an underwater river that flows through here, and eventually emerges to create a lush estuary.The 19th-century Spanish church, Parroquia San José del Cabo, is the historic heart of the city center, with the main galleries of the Art District just a block away in Álvaro Obregón.
Most activities take place in the city center, but most hotels are located in the southwest in the Hotel Zone.This is a 3.5 km stretch of beach that starts at the Costa Azul beach to the southwest and ends at the northeast end of Playa Hotelera (Hotel Beach).’, ‘
The best hotels in Cabo San Jose, Downtown and Hotel Zone
- Casa Natalia
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
- Mar Adentro
The best restaurants in Cabo San Jose, Dontown and Hotel Zone
- The Hangman – $ – Lively night spot for tasty tacos with a wide variety of fillings, strong cocktails and beer.
- Mi Cocina – $$$$ – Exclusive Euro-Mexican bistro in a cozy courtyard, creative dishes and excellent cocktails.
- La Lupita Taco and Mezcal – $$ – Handmade and informal taco with creative ingredients and a great selection of mezcal.
Stay in San Jose, Puerto Los Cabos
Puerto Los Cabos is located on the opposite side of the estuary from downtown and houses the marina, La Playita swimming beach and some of San Jose’s newest hotels.This area is generally quieter than downtown, although there are some attractions here, including the Dolphin Discovery at the marina and the Wirikuta Cactus Garden, full of sculptures, local flora and featuring an evening theater show. Puerto Los Cabos is less than ten minutes from downtown by bike or car.
Best hotels in San Jose, Puerto Los Cabos
- El Ganzo Hotel
- JW Marriott Los Cabos
Best restaurants in San Jose, Puerto Los Cabos
- Huerta Los Tamarindos – $$ – $$$ – Organic, Mexican restaurant and farm with absurdly good food and big portions.Cooking classes available, too!
- El Marinero Borracho – $ – (Also known as The Drunken Sailor.)Great ceviche and fish tacos, avocado cake for dessert.
- Flora Farms – $$ – $$$ – Organic farm and excellent restaurant.impeccable service and rich flavors.reservations required, schedule a few days in advance for small groups.
Stay at El Corredor
«El Corredor» is an approximately 30 km stretch of Highway 1, which connects Cabo and San Jose.The resorts and attractions here are scattered, so those who plan to explore a lot outside of their facilities will need to rent a car or arrange other transportation; there is nothing within walking distance of most hotels here.
The best places to surf in the Corredor are at Playa del Viejo and Playa Monumentos, the best snorkeling is at Santa Maria beach and in Chileno bay, the best swimming beaches are Palmilla and Tequila Cove,